I have been selected to receive the Liebster Blog Award from RUNNINGforLemonade!
Thank you so much for tagging me for this award! :)
(She is a fellow Moms RUN This Town Chapter Leader and I hope you will all check out her blog!)
The word Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
This unique award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers and can qualify under its meaning! :)
The 1st requirement after receiving this award is to post 11 things about myself.
- I am a follower of Christ and strive to live and love like Jesus everyday!
- I have been married to my hubby, Cody, for 6 1/2 yrs now and we have been together for 10!!
- I am a mommy to my 15 month old daughter and I absolutely adore having this "job"! :)
- I will soon be a nanny to 2 very cute little girls!
- I am a Runner!! I may be a very slow Runner, but when I'm out there I give it my all!
- I ran my first half marathon in July of this year! I have 2 missing toenails and 2 black toenails to prove it! haha
- I love to bake! But...I hate cooking! Yes there is a difference! lol :)
- My favorite holiday ever is Christmas! I say this now, because it is coming quickly and I CAN'T WAIT TO DECORATE!!! :)
- I am considered a "Crunchy" momma (aka hippie momma) by most of the people I know. lol I cloth diaper Sophie, I am still breastfeeding (omgyesshenursesatoddler!), I use mainly "green" natural cleaners in my home, I use coconut oil as a diaper cream, I believe in babywearing, Sophie has a baltic amber necklace for teething, we use un-paper towels in the kitchen...You get the idea...I'm weird lol :)
- I can't live without my iPhone. I've had one for 4 years now and seriously can't remember what I did without it.
- And the most random of all...I can't go to sleep without taking a shower...Absolutely can't happen. (I am headed that way right now which is why I'm thinking about it lol)
The 2nd part is answering 11 questions that RunningforLemonade have asked me:
- What outdoor acivity do you love the most and why?
- Running of course! haha But I also love taking my daughter to the park and playing with her there! :)
- I started to run, and recently I have decided to start taking dairy, eggs, and meat out of my diet. Yes It sounds like I'm becoming a bit of a vegetarian, but really I won't turn down a GOOD burger put in front of me or a Turkey at Thanksgiving! haha :) I just want to quit relying on them so much during everyday life and concentrate more on fruits and veggies.
- I'm thinking my determination now. I haven't seen the scale budge in months and yet I keep getting out there to run.
- I have 2. First was my very first time at Disneyworld! It was the summer before I went into 6th grade and my family had the absolute BEST time! My parents had saved up for 3 years for that vacation and I knew it was extra special! My mom had even made my brother and I containers (out of pringle cans) that were decorated with mickey mouse stickers and such that we could save up our money in! It gave us even more to look forward to! That was the first vacation I really remembered and think back on often! When we came home, my mom help me put a scrapbook together of our trip so I would always remember! :) ANd 2nd has to be my honeymoon vacation to Austin, TX. It was our Honeymoon. Need I say more? :)
- My husband and I give money to Blood Water Mission and Desiring God Ministries monthly. We also sponsor a child through Compassion International. We feel strongly about all 3 of these.
- Ha! Right now, I could not imagine not having my 15 month old daughter attached to me! lol :) But if I really did, I thing I would go to a Day Spa and get the works! Massage, Facial, Pedicure, Manicure, Mud Bath(lol), EVERYTHING! ahhhh Sounds so wonderful! haha :)
- One of my favorite Bible Verses has always been Matthew 6:34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." I also love the saying "Run Happy"! :)
- My dream job used to be a Nurse. Honestly, I still absolutely love it and hope to go back to it someday. But right now I AM doing my dream job and that is taking care of my daughter! I absolutely LOVE being a mom! :)
- Fork! haha I never leaned out to really use those chopsticks! :)
- I'm glad you specified material and I sadly have 2 things. My iPhone and my iPad! I can't remember how life was before them! lol :)
- This is actually in Arlington, TX, but we used to go here ALL the time. Toms Burgers and Grill! It's a cute little Diner right off of the highway and they have the BEST burgers! They also serve Breakfast all day and if you know me, you know I am all about the Pancakes, no matter what time of day it is! This was actually my first meal after having my daughter! lol Such a good place! :)
The 3rd and last requirement is to choose 11 worthy bloggers for the Leibster Blog Award and create 11 questions for them to answer!
If I tag you and you are unable to continue on with this, I completely understand! I had fun answering all the questions and just wanted to pass it along! I know most of you are busy and don't have the time, but I also wanted to introduce everyone else to these bloggers that deserve some recognition! :)
And now for their questions!
- Do you love Breakfast food no matter what time of day?
- Are you a dog person or cat person?
- What/where is your dream race?
- Do you like to run "unplugged" (without music)?
- Why did you start running/walking/biking?
- What is one of your most favorite Healthy foods to make?
- Where is your dream vacation?
- What is your most favorite Season and why?
- How do you make time to be active?
- Have you given up Soda yet? (hehe) :)
- What is your favorite healthy place to eat out at?
I hope you all have fun answering these questions! :)
Feel free to comment with your blog posts answering all of the questions!
I would love to read them all! :)